It is possible to have Android Auto (and so Waze) and also Apple Carply from your iPhone on Renault R-Link 2.
How to know if my R-Link 2 is compatible with Android Auto and Apple Carplay?
Renault gave me the information, here are the dates when the functions were introduced on the production lines.
- Scénic, Kadjar, Mégane: Week 16 (but ordered after 6 March)
- Espace, Talisman: Week 15
- Mégane Sedan: Week 17
- New Koleos Android Auto & Apple CarPlay available from the beginning of sales.
How use Android Auto?
How use Carplay on R-Link 2?
Waze on R-Link 2
To use Waze on R-Link 2, you need to use Android Auto (sorry for iPhone users’). Install the Waze application on your phone. After lauching Android Auto on the R-Link 2, click on the navigation button you will have the choice between Google Maps and Android Auto. Enjoy!
Increase the size of Android Auto
On R-Link 2 in portrait mode 8.9 inches (large size) when launching Android Auto (and Carplay), only a small part of the display is used:There is a trick to increase the size of Android Auto as below:
- Open Android Auto on the phone
- Go to “About” in the left side menu
- Click 10 times on “About Android Auto” in the title bar to enable developer mode.
- Go to the top right menu to select “Developer Settings”
- Go down the list to check the option “Allow 720p video output”.
Now Android Auto occupies a much larger part of the R-Link 2 screen! (performances may depend of phones).
The different steps in pictures: